After the fire department puts the fire out, further damage can continue to occur. Depending on what burns in your home the smoke and soot created from it can have damaging affects on the items in your home. In a few days these items can be permanently damaged.
The professionals of ServiceMaster by Lovejoy are extensively trained to utilize specialized methodologies to understand the complex reactions that soot and smoke can have on your contents, as well as how to most effectively salvage and clean your personal and sometimes irreplaceable items. It takes only a few hours for items such as brass, aluminum, chrome, marble, tile, porcelain, and your textiles including your carpeting to be damaged.
The ambient air becomes acid and over time moisture in the air combines with the corrosive smoke and starts to etch the surface of your items. Implementing Corrosion Control is imperative when minimizing the harmful damages caused by exceedingly caustic/acidic acrid smoke. Our "Corrosion Control Crew" should be dispatched out to the loss to the affected areas so that we can stop the effects of the corrosive acrid gases from further damaging your personal contents. Implementing corrosion control will help minimize your loss by providing you with more time to allow your insurance company to inspect your personal items to determine what needs to be replaced or salvaged. All salvaged items will be specialty cleaned by ServiceMaster by Lovejoy. Specialty cleaned includes treating items for odor control and detailed cleaning utilizing our proprietary cleaning solutions and/or combining with ultrasonic wave technologies to restore items back to their original condition or better.
The only thing worse than letting items sit with soot on them, is improper cleaning that ruins items that could be saved. Let the experts at ServiceMaster by Lovejoy clean and restore your personal items the right way.
We use the latest equipment and supplies in our five-step fire and smoke restoration process:
- Emergency pre-cleaning/ corrosion pre-treating -
- Cleaning time sensitive materials; bathroom fixtures, appliances, etc.
- Content pack-out
- Safely packing all your contents, big and small, from the affected areas of your home in order to make space and assure no further damages are incurred during the restoration process.
- Your belongings are inventoried step by step with a unique bar-coding system to help inventory and track the overall management of your personal items.
- Contents are stored and cleaned in our secure, climate controlled warehouse and cleaning rooms.
- Your belongings are promptly delivered back to you when the repairs to your home/business facility are complete.